Bicycle storage x 2 months

This same question was asked about a year ago, but I wanted to clarify the concensus

I’m going hiking for 50 days on a Pyrenean trail and am looking for an affordable place to store my regular/non-motor bicycle. I’m in Marseilles but could store it anywhere here in the south (with train access). Former answers mentioned many communities have storage facilities, boxes, etc for 50€ per month. Can anyone provide detail? Or perhaps someone has sheltered garage space?

Thanks for any ideas!

Try these

https://www.ter.sncf.com/occitanie/services-contacts/voyager-avec-son-velo/stationnement-gare

We are in Dax and happy to host your bike if that helps. We are actually on the Santiago toute!

3 Likes

Toutes vos exigences de Santiago chez Cat! :slight_smile:

(Welcome to the forum @Mpatricksweeney !)

1 Like

Us too (Via Podiensis)

Us too, also a major departure point. Richard the Lionheart and Philippe Auguste, also set off on a crusade from here.

Most of France is within a bus ride of a route

Also on another path, Vézelay à Assise

Mind you, they’d have had a long wait for one in mediaeval France… :wink:

1 Like

We are just off the yellow line.

That’s because they were operating on the revised summer timetable. :slight_smile:

And of course two ox-carts would always arrive together…

And the ostlers would have gone strike again…

…or on a whip-to-rule.

1 Like

Great info all, and great community! Thanks for all the leads.

1 Like

Hi Cat, looks like I’ll pass near Dax en route to the trailhead. Thanks again for offering to stash my bike! Would it suit if I came by this afternoon or tomorrow? My WhatsApp is 1-504-777-1494 if that’s easier…
Thanks again

Both are fine, I’ll WhatsApp you !

And so, the legendary multi-million Euro business that is Cat’s Vélo Storage was launched… :smiley:

1 Like