Looking for elders to help me learn French

Hi
I am looking for elderly French people who speak as well, who can help me learn French, I can spend a few hours of the day with them to learn them and in return I can help them with their daily chores.

Please contact me and I will do it for free.

France is a big country! Perhaps say where, and give some idea of who you are and maybe even a reference.

How many elderly French people are on this site, I wonder ? :thinking:
It might help if you gave a geographical area in which you would be prepared to travel, if I have understood your post correctly.

I am staying in La Garenne Colombes, Paris suburb, IDF. I am facing an issue in my job search due to language so I want to learn French by spending time with Francophones. I mentioned the elder ones as they have time to share. If anybody knows someone who needs a helping hand, I can help them not strict with the age criteria. Since I am not working I can utilise the time to become fluent in the language.
I tried classes but it doesn’t work unless you speak to someone every day.
Myself Rahul from India I am here on a dependent VISA valid till Nov 26 and my wife is a primary VISA holder under the passport talent category.

1 Like

@drrahulkorde02 if I were you I would consider signing up with one of the local agencies to you offering Services Ă  Domicile.

Help in the home is much needed and I’m sure they would be interested in someone who is keen not just to help out, but also to converse

3 Likes

Whereabouts are you?

But they need Francophones.

I am staying in La Garenne Colombes, Paris suburb, IDF. I am facing an issue in my job search due to language so I want to learn French by spending time with Francophones. I mentioned the elder ones as they have time to share. If anybody knows someone who needs a helping hand, I can help them not strict with the age criteria. Since I am not working I can utilise the time to become fluent in the language.
I tried classes but it doesn’t work unless you speak to someone every day.
Myself Rahul from India I am here on a dependent VISA valid till Nov 26 and my wife is a primary VISA holder under the passport talent category.

I am here! And I am French and bilingual. Forgot to confirm my age, 62! Does that qualify as elderly?

1 Like

definitely not elderly… in my opinion… :wink: :wink:

I’m sure I read somewhere that “nowadays” middle-age can be anywhere between 40 - 65 ish… :+1:

1 Like

Thanks Stella but I don’t think the initial query was necessarily too strict about definition. I am “only” 62 but been living with 82 years old hubby who has dementia, I feel quite a bit older!
Anyway that’s not the point, I was merely trying to see if my help with learning French would be welcome.

4 Likes

@frenchy

apologies if my joking reply fell flat…

Hello Rahul

Obviously things differ across the country… but you might find you are welcomed as a Volunteer Helper within local Associations.

People willing to give their time to help others… are often welcomed no matter how basic their French language skills…

best of luck

I would say that depends entirely on how you see yourself :wink:

Hi
Where do you stay? It is so kind of you that you are ready to help me. How do I keep in touch with you?

Where do you stay? It is so kind of you that you are ready to help me. How do I keep in touch with you?