Worldwide IT systems outage

OOPS!

1 Like

My daughter will be returning to her home in NC with AA later after her work meeting in Dallas. Will send her a message as she will still be asleep at the moment inher hotel and may need to reserve the room for another day as its on the DFW site and they are a main AA hub as is her home airport.

AA flights grounded

Can we blame Trump, Farage or Le Pen yet?

Asking for a friend, obviously.

On a serious note, this is what happens when you outsource cybersecurity or leave it to junior IT team members.

3 Likes

I’m hoping that the ferries are more isolated from this - though it could affect port navigation & traffic management systems.

BF as still saying my sailing tomorrow is “on time” but there is a disclaimer about disruption.

Can you spell “single point of failure”? An expensive lesson unfortunately.

I wonder if Cyberstrike will survive (the law suits will presumably last years).

Local airport has had flights in this morning (not a busy place) and the Ryanair Stansted has just gone over the house but looking at their departures board on flightradar it gives estimated for most and delayed for others. Expect it will right itself by end of the day, it usually does. Kim,Vlad or Xi been naughty again??

another view… with perhaps some more info (?)

Marinetraffic.com shows normal activity for DFDS at least…

2 Likes

Definitely hitting some shipping though

Should I be smug because I have so far resisted blandishments to ‘sign up to One-drive’? :innocent:

4 Likes

Or you could be even smugger by not using tech at all - then you won’t be impacted…

Microsoft had Azure issues that caused major problems. Crowdstrike is not a Microsoft issue, it just causes windows operating systems to fail if you use crowdstrike software to protect it :grin::joy:

American Airlines have just reported that their systems are now up and running again. Could very well still be big delays though due to the backlog.

Crowdstrike should have identified itself as a security risk and refused the update :slight_smile:

Seriously though - I wonder if the company will survive the inevitable law suits.

You would have expected them to test it properly, todays software development is often done in the third world for pennies.

2 Likes

Or done, live , on actve systems instead of on test systems…

Perhaps we should all stock up on pencils and paper before there’s a rush. :grin:

3 Likes

this seems appropriate at this point

5 Likes